Yo Miss! Where human rights, meets hip hop, meets the power of women and girls! A sound and performance project that mixes stories, character performances, music, and sampling created for a live performance and radio by Judith Sloan. A project of EarSay, the Yo Miss! multi-media project includes a play, a cd, radio stories, public dialogues and workshops for immigrant and refugee youth.
releases September 29, 2016
Sound Design Judith Sloan
Voice samples, tongue twisters, soundscapes, ambient sound recorded, mixed and arranged by Judith Sloan.
Vocals written, performed and arranged by Judith Sloan
Music mixed and mastered by Joshua Valleau unless otherwise noted.
Additional voice recording at Viper Studio, Touré "Southpaw" Harris recording engineer.
1. What’s Your Status: vocals performed and produced and edited by Judith Sloan. Music Taylor Rivelli. Samples of drums by Frank London. Mixed and mastered by Ryan West
2. Yo Miss! Character voice Judith Sloan. Street Soundscape produced by Judith Sloan.
3. Sweeping Statements Written and Performed by Judith Sloan. Vocal arrangements and production Judith Sloan. Voices Judith Sloan, Jonathan David, Adam MJ Hill. Music composed by Taylor Rivelli. Dave Guy trumpets, Andrew Griffin violas. Arrangement by Judith Sloan, Taylor Rivelli, Josh Valleau with additional sequencing by Tomek Gross. Mixed and mastered by Joshua Valleau.
4. Tongue Twisters meets Hip Hop: Written and performed by Judith Sloan. Tongue twisters recorded and mixed by Judith Sloan. Dialogue with Touré "Southpaw" Harris as himself. Music from THIRD WORLD, Immortal Technique courtesy Viper Records.
5. 6 AM, 2001: Vocals by Judith Sloan. Music composed by Taylor Rivelli assisted by Judith Sloan, clarinets composed & performed by David Krakauer. Guitars, percussion, synth performed by Taylor Rivelli. lViolas Josh Henderson. Arrangement & production: Sloan/Rivelli/Valleau.
6. We Look Like Sisters: All vocals Judith Sloan. Drum tracks produced by Touré "Southpaw" Harris. Saxaphones by Samir Zariff and Lars Dietrich
7. Picasso and PTSD. Vocals written and performed Judith Sloan. Bass Miwi La Lupa. Viola Andrew Griffin
8. Across the Bridge: Music composed by Taylor Rivelli, assisted by Judith Sloan. Clarinets composed and performed David Krakauer. Arrangement and orchestration by Judith Sloan, Taylor Rivelli, Joshua Valleau. Mixed by Joshua Valleau. Bass performed by Joshua Valleau.
9. Really Good Beat: Vocals written arranged and performed by Judith Sloan. Bass lines composed by Miwi La Lupa, performed by Joshua Valleau. Final end beat produced and composed by Adam MJ Hill and Red Ukachukwu. Additional violas performed by Andrew Griffin.
all rights reserved
feeds for ,